about bryn lynx
Domain name registrars
Neue Jonastrasse 60
140 quai Sartel
Special thanks go to...
Musical Curriculum Vitae
Everything has a beginning...
- Bryn was born in Rochester (NY). He lives in Switzerland since 1979.
- Mistakestreetband, at the age of 12, as part of a school play.
- Peter Glanzmann (Les Sauterelles, Smile, Trampolin, The Big Jam Bag)
- Formation of Bryns first own band Parcival.
- Initially concentrating on his role as songwriter and guitarist, Bryn takes over the vocals when the bands lead singer leaves the country.
- Next to frequent live performances, Parcival record a total of 3 demos: onewayticket, doors of secrets & demo III.
- Parcival reach the pinnacle of their career as supporting act for well-known swiss musician Polo Hofer.
- Never having been officially disbanded, Parcival have since gone into a prolonged hiatus...who knows what the future may hold...
- Music studies at the academy of contemporary music (ACM) in Zürich.
- The following years are characterized by numerous stand-ins as guitarist, bassist and vocalist in a variety of formations (among others: Thomas Kull Band, Diva & Slantic), but also by the growing desire to re-direct his focus towards his own material.
- Bosnian Demo (recorded on a Fostex X26 Multitracker)
- With the realization of his home studio comes the inevitable familiarization with all aspects of music production.
- Self-study and learning by doing let Bryn acquire the technical know-how. His practical approach culminates in countless self-produced demos (Early Demos, Suzie & Wannabe to name but a few).
- Formation of Lynx.
- Bryn sends a self-produced demo to some major labels, and his songwriting is met with favorable feedback throughout.
- In anticipation of future live performances, band members are recruited.
- Lynx play their first concerts.
- Bryn joins the Pink Floyd tribute band Crazy Diamond. Having been in charge of sound fx on two concerts, he can secure a position as guitarist and singer. Since then he has become an integral part in one of the best Pink Floyd tribute acts in existence.
- As of august 2018, Crazy Diamond have played 169 gigs.
- Following several changes in personel, Lynx establish their style and record their first EP as a band: 'Do You Feel Lonely?'
Do You Feel Lonely
- Drummer Manuel Römer joins Lynx.
- This marks the last change in Lynx's lineup, which now consists of (from left to right): Bryn Lynx (guitar/vocals), Manuel Römer (drums), Ugo de Vito (bass, backing vocals) & Martin Gisler (guitar).
- After a short period of intense rehearsals, this new formation plays their first live performances.
- Lynx's style & sound change, drifting off into a more melancholic, yet powerful direction.
- Lynx concert in Zürich's sold out Volkshaus venue.
- As supporting act for Crazy Diamond, the band wins the crowds approval with their exceptionally powerful delivery.
- Being an unknown to most of the audience, Lynx manage to put them under their spell.
- This concert is later published on DVD.
- The first round of recording sessions for the long overdue full-length album commences.
- Work in the studio is given #1 priority; no live performances for the time being.
- 12-Track promotional release titled Fast Pain Relief.
Fast Pain Relief
- 3 tracks get airplay on Radio Swiss Pop and Backstageradio: Fast Pain Relief, What Life Can Be and Under The Sea.
- Lynx perform at various openair festivals throughout the German and French parts of Switzerland.
- Recording sessions commence for the first official full-length Lynx release Halfway Down.
- Halfway Down is in production. Final track count: 13.
- What I Get from You gets airplay on Radio SF3 and SRF Virus.
- Participation in Kids On Stage 2010.
- Release of Halfway Down. CD-launch event on March 18th 2011, sounddock14.
- Martin Gisler leaves the band.
- Unplugged EP Castles Made of Sand.
- Participation in Kids On Stage 2012.
- Unplugged recording live at the Marquee club in Zürich.
- Preparations start for the next Lynx album.
- Release of the CD Single Wordless.
- Not in connection with Lynx as a band, the two instrumetal tracks contained therein represent a snapshot of Bryn's earlier work.
- With the intention to generate donations for Caritas, CD's are given away for free, bundled with a payment slip.
- Bollywood City Lights, Lynx's most ambitious project to date, is released on November 11th.
Bollywood City Lights
- Two major changes define this production:
- The transition of Lynx from live band to studio project.
- A stylistic change of direction, incorporating more electronic elements; veering off into progressive territory, while maintaining Lynx's core quality: melodic, earthy rock music.
- Release of the Single Pentagram.
- An instrumental creation centered on an acoustic lead guitar (played on a lovely Martin D28, for those of you interested).
- Release of the Compilation bryn_lynx_demos_1999-2002.
For way too long, all this material has been gathering dust in some forgotten drawer... Recordings from a time when I just 'let out what had to come out'...passionately so, even though I didn't have much technical know-how back then.
Despite the demo-character of these recordings, I'm convinced they're sound and bring across their message, so during the last year, they've been meticulously restored and mastered to give them a new lease of life and make them shine. All that while maintaining the original charm.
besides all this...
- ...Bryn performs as guitarist and singer in a variety of formations and cover bands, besides working as composer, songwriter and producer in his own studio.
- Bryn also holds a position as secondary school teacher in Zürich.